HAVE A SEAT ON OUR FRONT PORCH

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Challenge #14 Anything Goes "Spring Fever"

Hi neighbors!  Welcome back for another fun challenge and we have "Spring Fever" here in our neighborhood!  That's our challenge theme this week so whatever makes you think of Spring; gardening, kites, bikes, sun, clouds, rain, etc.   We can't wait to see what you create this week!

Let's not forget last week's winner, as usual a challenge to choose just one!  But here she is:

#121  Kreatussa from Kreatussa's Kreativiteter

Please contact us at: 613avenuewin@hotmail.com


Our Top 3 
 (in no particular order)

#38 Dewi Lestari

#70 Ivonne H.

#58 Mrs. A (handmade flowers)
Ladies please grab your badges!

We have two awesome sponsors this week!


This week we have a TON of inspiration for you!  

AND
OUR VERY SPECIAL GUEST DESIGNER
RICK ST. DENNIS
Artist and Designer


A native Californian, Rick St. Dennis has been involved in the arts and crafts industry for over 40 years.  His drawings have been sold at shows and galleries since the 1960’s and have been collected by many celebrities such as Diana Ross, Sandy Duncan and Jackie Onassis. Red Skelton and Frank Sinatra (both known for clown art) had Rick St. dennis clown drawings in their collections.

Rick was for many years a professional stage designer and director having done over 100 theatrical productions ranging from Opera and Musical Comedy to Ballet.  Rick is also well known as an author of 4 books on decorative painting as well as numerous articles for magazine like Better Homes and Gardens, Let’s Paint, Painting and others.

He has had signature lines of collectible dolls, needlepoint kits and other licensed products using his designs.  On the suggestion of a friend, he started doing digital stamps in 2009 initially as donations to OPERATION WRITE HOME and later via his ETSY shoppe which has grown from a few designs to well over 300 images currently.

His digital stamps, unlike some other designers, are more like illustrations and are known for their detail and intricacy.  Many of Rick’s subjects are based in theatre, literature, fashion and pop culture.

Currently a resident of Seal Beach, California Rick continues to design not only digi stamps but logos, costumes, posters and other projects for a wide range of clients.

Rick St. Dennis MFA
rickstdennis@yahoo.com
artist-designer-digital stamps-classes
Seal Beach, California

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I was so happy to be able to do a GDT for 613 and I thought you might be amused by the way the card come to life...I first drew and then coloured my image-I use a pigma micron Black pen usually .005 and an .01 on Neenah solar white 80lb card stock-coloured with ProMarkers, Spectrum Noir Markers and PrismaColour Pencils-As sometimes happens I got in a hurry and rather than scanning my design I realized I was colouring the original so this is a one of a kind card for sure. I generally scan my coloured images into the computer and create virtual projects but I wanted to send something more substantial for 613, so I scanned my original coloured image and sent it off to my friend HAZEL of Dido's Designs, a member of my EDT and a resident of Scotland-she printed out the image and made the card then photographed it and sent me shots for my approval-that's the first picture I have sent. I thought it needed PINK to look more springy so she added the flowers, took more pictures and here we are---I am also including close up of the original scan---hope you all enjoy my INTERNATIONAL card which traveled over 20,000 miles to get here.  Thanks to Hazel Christisen for the cutting and glueing!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please welcome one of our newest DT members...Jackie Bowman!

using Isabella Sunny Days by Rick St. Dennis


using Texas by Rick St. Dennis


using Isabella Sunny Days by Rick St. Dennis


using Joanie the Flower Child by Rick St. Dennis


 using Alice In The Garden Of Live Flowers by RSD


using FAYUEZ by Rick St. Dennis


 using Isabella Sunny Days by Rick St. Dennis

(close up)




using Chanteuse 2 - Jazz Baby by Rick St. Dennis


using Isabella Sunny Days by Rick St. Dennis


Now for some inspiration using Limited Runs Digital Stamps

First, our Guest Designer





using Sunny Cupcake


using Fence and Butterfly (with Magnolia Tilda)


 Now how's that for inspiration?  Thank you to all of our hard working and talented designers!  Please click on their names to stop by their blogs to see what else they have been up to! 

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for picking me as your Top 3
    Regards
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to the DT for doing a great job with my images-such a diverse range of treatments-fun to see-Have a great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased as punch to be in your picked Top 3. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Thanks for choosing my box as one of the Top 3. Congrats to all the winners! Yay!! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant see where I can put my card.. can you helkp me, please????

    ReplyDelete

  6. I appreciate all the wonderful creations by the DT. Thanks for your fabulous challenges.

    I have FREE Candy on my blog and would love for you to register for a chance to win. Celebrate my CTMH anniversary with me. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations DT! I hope to come play in the neighborhood soon! Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards from the design team.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous DT creations, thank you for a fun challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun, fun, fun challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to the design team for the inspiration and thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great design team samples. Thank you for the "spring fever" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful cards! I'm glad to see this fantastic works!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments! Keep them coming!
Kathi, Chana and The Resident Designers